You want to be a full-time author. Believe me, I get it. But pesky things like rent, health insurance, and groceries get in the way of us writing full -time. That’s why alternate sources of revenue – especially passive income – are vitally important if we weren’t born with the proverbial silver spoon in our mouths.
But for me, this isn’t just about money. (Though money helps and groceries ain’t cheap.)
Being an aspiring author myself who dabbles in Dystopian fiction, I care about privacy… a lot. George Orwell’s 1984? Yeah, I believe it’s literally happening right now. Big Brother is Google and Facebook and they are watching everything we type into a search engine. But you don’t have to wear my tin-foil hat to get on board with wanting to make more money.
Standing up to our corporate giant overlords who are watching our every keystroke on the internet just a beneficial side effect to what I’m about to share with you:
You can make literal money (as I am) surfing the internet simply by downloading and using the web browser called “Brave” instead of chrome or safari.
Go here to download Brave for free: https://brave.com/ele871
What is Brave?
Brave is a web browser that works like Google Chrome – in fact, it’s based on the same exact technology as Chrome. But there are two fundamental differences:
- Brave protects your privacy whereas Chrome exploits your personal data.
- You earn money from Brave instead of Chrome earning money from you.
The idea behind Brave is this: people should get paid for seeing advertisements. People shouldn’t have to pay (with their personal data) to be advertised to. Brave cuts out the middle man and makes things like Google Adsense irrelevant. Advertisers pay YOU to show you ads. It’s brilliant. Not only that, but you can still tip your favorite bloggers or creators from right within the browser if you want to! (Or you can keep the money for yourself.)
How does making money with Brave work?
- First, go here to install Brave: https://brave.com/ele871
- It will take you step by step through the installation process. When it gets to the step where you can opt-in to Brave Rewards, agree and create a wallet.
- Your digital wallet is going to be with a company called Uphold.
- When you browse the internet and collect revenue, you’ll be paid in a cryptocurrency called BAT. (Basic Attention Token). Check your earned rewards at this url: brave://rewards.
- BAT (the cryptocurrency) can then be traded for US Dollars. Or you can hold onto the BAT if you choose. Right now (November 3, 2019) 1 BAT is valued at $0.23 USD.
I have made almost $6 dollars already just from browsing the internet… which I would honestly be doing anyway. Here’s a screenshot:
I know it’s not earth shattering – but again, as I said, I haven’t been doing it very long. And if you can get paid to do something you’d be doing for free anyway, why not take the money??? 6 Bucks will get me a cup of much-needed coffee.
And in the interest of full disclosure, here’s what my Brave Rewards looks like this month:
And if Basic Attention Token goes up in value, your earnings will go up too! If BAT goes up to $1 (It had a high of $0.92) – I’ll have $26. (of course, the reverse is also true… but you can cash out any time – I’m currently HODL-ing mine).
So, you have only privacy and money to gain and (the way I personally see it) nothing to lose since the browser is free.
So give it a go! And let’s be brave and change the world together.